Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 135 minutes
2 boxes (250ml each) NESTLÉ Whipping Cream, ice cold
3 large lemons, plus zest for garnish
¾ cup icing sugar
2 tubs (250g each) smooth cottage cheese, softened
2 packets (200g each) ladyfingers
1. Refrigerate the NESTLÉ Whipping Cream overnight before use, as it whips best when ice cold.
2. Grease a large 30x36cm rectangular baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. For a quick lemon syrup, juice the lemons into a shallow mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of cold water and 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and mix until dissolved.
4. Add the cottage cheese and a ⅓rd of the lemon syrup together into a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, use an electric beater to beat the cold whipping cream and remaining icing sugar until soft peaks form about 15 minutes at high speed. Fold the whipped cream through the cottage cheese mixture until just combined. Refrigerate until needed. *Chef’s tip: Shake the whipping cream well before use.
6. Dip each side of the lady fingers into the lemon syrup until well soaked, about 2-3 seconds.
7. Arrange 1 layer of lemon-soaked ladyfingers in the base of the baking dish, followed by a layer of lemon cream. Repeat another layer of each. *Chef’s Tip: Tap the dish slightly on the counter to remove large air bubbles.
8. Refrigerate the tiramisu for about 2 hours or until well set and firm.
9. When set, garnish the tart with lemon zest and mint, serve and ENJOY!