Makes 12 INGREDIENTS 100g chocolate sandwich biscuits 3 tsp gelatine powder ¾ tin (288g) condensed milk ¾ tub (750g) plain double cream yoghurt ½ cup (140g) Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread METHOD
1. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin liners and grease each cup.
2. Place the chocolate sandwich biscuits in a resealable bag and crush using a rolling pin. Empty the crushed biscuits into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Divide the crushed biscuit mixture equally between the muffin liners to form a base and set aside.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle in the gelatine powder. Ensure that the gelatine is completely saturated with water, then set aside for 5 minutes.
4. In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and the yoghurt until well combined. Microwave it on high for 2-3 minutes. Stir rapidly and place back in the microwave for another 1½-2 minutes, stirring again until creamy and smooth in texture. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure not to overcook the mixture. We used a 900W microwave. Cook ½-1 minute longer if using a microwave with a lower wattage.
5. Microwave the set gelatine for 20 seconds at a time until completely melted and dissolved, making sure that the mixture does not boil. Pour the gelatine into the yoghurt mixture and stir well.
6. Divide half the cheesecake mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake liners, filling each one about ½ way full.
7. Scoop the Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread into a piping bag and pipe the Nutella into the centre of each cheesecake. *Chef’s tip: If you don’t have a piping bag, then use a zip seal bag with the end snipped off!
8. Cover the Nutella centre with the rest of the cheesecake mixture and then place the cheesecakes in the fridge to set overnight.
9. Once set, transfer the cheesecakes onto a serving plate and lightly drizzle the remaining Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread over each cheesecake. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍