Hands-on time: 60 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
½ packet (5g) instant yeast
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup (227g) butter, melted
3 cups cake flour
3 bars (48.5g each) Cadbury 5 Star Chocolate
¼ cup milk
2 tubs (230g each) cream cheese
3 bars (48g) Cadbury P.S. Caramilk Chocolate, plus extra for garnish
For the dough:
1. Add 1 cup of warm water, the instant yeast and 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.*Chef’s Tip: Store the leftover yeast in a dark, cool and dry place in its original pack.
2. Add ½ cup of butter and the flour to the yeast mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix until a dough starts to form.
3. Tip the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth or for about 5-6 minutes. Put the dough back into the bowl and cover before setting aside to rise for 40-50 minutes or until doubled in size.*Chef’s Tip: Place the dough in a warm place to make it proof faster.
For the filling:
4. In the meantime, chop the Cadbury 5 Star Bars into even-sized pieces. Add the remaining butter and chocolate pieces into a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl and heat the mixture for 30 seconds or until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove the mixture from the microwave and stir until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure the filling has completely cooled before using.
5. Tip the risen dough onto a floured surface; using a rolling pin, roll it into a rectangle about 3cm thick.
6. Spread the cooled chocolate filling onto the dough and tightly roll it into a log. Use a serrated knife to cut the log into 9 thick buns.
7. Line a 30x30cm baking dish with baking paper. Arrange the buns in the prepared dish, cover and allow them to rise for 40-45 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 180°C on the fan-assisted setting. When ready, bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are risen and golden brown.
For the topping:
9. Add the cream cheese, remaining icing sugar and milk into a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high heat for 20-30 seconds before removing and stirring until smooth.
10. Open one side of each Cadbury P.S. Caramilk Chocolate bar. Using a rolling pin, crush the chocolate into bite-size pieces while in its packaging. Fold the crushed chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and set aside until needed.
11. Remove the baked buns from the oven and immediately spread the crunchy topping over each. Allow the buns to cool for 5-8 minutes before garnishing with more crushed chocolate, serve and ENJOY!