1 sachet (50g) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
½ tsp each salt and pepper
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tin (410g) Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
200g boerewors, cooked and sliced
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
½ red onion, thinly sliced
Serving suggestion: Chopped chives
Rhodes Quality Breakfast Medley Fruit Juice
1. Empty the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste into a small bowl and combine it with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, the sugar and the oregano. Stir well to combine and set aside.
2. Crack the eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl and beat it with a whisk. Add in the milk, ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper and beat until combined and light in colour.
3. Heat a large, round, non-stick pan over a medium heat and add in the butter. Once the butter has melted, pour in the eggs and using a spatula, mix it for 20 seconds. Allow the omelette to settle in the pan cover with a lid, allowing it to cook for another 30 seconds. *Chef’s Tip: Placing the lid on will help to cook the top of the omelette!
4. Remove the lid and, working quickly, top the omelette with the tomato paste mixture, ensuring to cover the base of the omelette.
5. Scoop the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce evenly over the omelette, and top it with the boerewors slices.
6. Scatter over the cheese and onion slices and cover the pan with the lid. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
7. Once the cheese has melted and the egg is cooked, turn off the heat and slowly slide the omelette pizza out over the rim of the pan and onto a large plate, using a large spatula to assist.
8. Using a pizza cutter, slice the omelette into even wedges and scatter over the chopped chives.
9. Serve the omelette pizzas with slices of avocado and a glass of Rhodes Quality Breakfast Medley Fruit Juice and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍