Serves: 4 Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
2 tbsp (30ml) oil
1½ cups (200g) SASKO Cake Wheat Flour
1 tsp (4g) sugar
1 tsp (4g) instant yeast
1 tsp (6g) salt
⅓ cup (80g) tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
200g boerewors, cooked and sliced in 2cm rounds
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp (15g) dried oregano
Serving suggestion: Fresh rocket leaves
1. Grease a 25cm round, non-stick pan (that has a tight-fitting lid) with greaseproof spray.
2. Pour in ¾ cup of warm water along with the oil, SASKO Cake Wheat Flour, sugar, yeast and salt into the pan.
3. Using a spatula, carefully mix everything together to form a dough. Use your hands to press the dough over the base of the pan, creating a flat, pizza-like shape.
4. Spread the tomato sauce over the base and sprinkle over the crushed garlic.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the pizza base, ensuring that the base is well covered.
6. Top the cheese layer with the chopped boerewors and the onion slices. Sprinkle over the dried oregano and cover the pan with the lid.
7. Place the pan on the stove over a medium heat and cover the vent in the lid of the pan with a dish cloth. Cook the pizza for 10 minutes, keeping a watchful eye. After 5 minutes, reduce the heat to low. *Chef’s Tip: Trapping the steam helps the pizza cook more evenly!
8. After 15 minutes, remove the cloth off the vent and allow the pizza to cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Once the base has cooked, slide the pizza out of the pan onto a large chopping board and allow to rest for a further 5 minutes.
10. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to slice the pizza into 8 even slices. Top the pizza with avocado slices, scatter over fresh rocket leaves, serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍