Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
250g lean mince meat
1 tbsp Knorrox Beef Flavour Stock Powder
½ onion, finely chopped
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 large egg
For the Margherita:
1 cup tinned chopped tomatoes
8 fresh basil leaves, sliced
For the Hawaiian:
½ cup sliced ham, cut into 1cm squares
½ cup crushed tinned pineapple, drained
For the bacon and peppers:
1 cup diced bacon
½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine the lean mince, Knorrox Beef Flavour Stock Powder, onion, breadcrumbs, ½ the grated cheese and the egg. Mix until combined.
3. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the mince mixture into each muffin hole. Using your fingers, gently push the mince onto the bottom and up the sides of each muffin hole, forming a cup shape with a well in the centre. *Chef’s tip: Dip your fingers in water to help with shaping the cups.
4. For the pizza fillings, combine the ingredients of your chosen flavour.
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of your chosen filling to the centre of each cup and sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over.
6. Bake the mince ups in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the mince is cooked through and the cheese is golden brown and melted.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
8. Once cooled, remove the pizza cups from the muffin tray and place them on a platter. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped herbs, a dipping bowl of tomato sauce and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍