Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 40 minutes
1 tbsp oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 spring onions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
¾ cup (94g) grated cheese
½ cup NESTLÉ Cremora Original
4 large eggs
½ tsp each salt and pepper
Iced lemon water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and fry for a further 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for 5 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken with diced baby marrows!
3. Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken and spring onions.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin holes and sprinkle the cheese on top.
5. In a jug, whisk the NESTLÉ Cremora Original with 1¼ cup of hot water until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
6. Add the eggs and season with the salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. *Chef’s Tip: For extra flavour, add a pinch of mixed herbs!
7. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin holes by pouring it over the chicken and veggies.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden and the quiches are cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: You’ll know they’re ready when they look firm!
9. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Using a butter knife, gently loosen the quiche cups from the tray and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
10. Garnish the quiche cups with some chopped spring onions. Serve with a glass of iced lemon water and fruit salad on the side and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍