Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
⅓ cup NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder
⅓ cup castor sugar
½ cup cream
90g margarine, melted
2 large eggs
1¼ cups cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
Serving suggestion: Low-fat milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of Nestlé Cocoa Powder, 2 tablespoons of castor sugar and the cream and whisk with an electric beater for 3 minutes until a mousse has formed.
3. Transfer the chocolate mousse into a piping bag with a round nozzle and refrigerate to chill. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, use a plastic resealable bag to create your own piping bag!
4. In a large bowl, whisk the margarine, remaining castor sugar (about ¼ cup) and eggs with an electric beater. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and remaining cocoa powder (about ¼ cup). Using a spatula, gently fold the mixture into a cookie dough and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
5. Once the cookie dough is firm, carefully shape 30 small dough balls and place them, spaced out, onto the prepared baking tray.
6. Use your thumb or the back of a small measuring spoon to gently make an indent in each cookie.
7. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Once baked, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely for about 15 minutes.
9. Once cooled, neatly pipe the chocolate mousse into the indent of each chocolate cookie, serve as a delicious treat alongside milk and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍