Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 cups self-raising flour
3 cups double cream plain yoghurt
⅓ cup chocolate spread
Serving suggestion: Cocktail skewers
1. Sieve the flour into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add in the double cream yoghurt and eggs. Beat until smooth and lump-free. Add one cup of water and keep beating until you have a thick, but pourable consistency.
3. Pour the batter into an upcycled squeeze bottle (a clean sweet chilli, mayo or tomato sauce bottle will work). *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, use a resealable bag and cut off a tiny corner.
4. Heat a greased Tefal 25cm Extra Non-Stick Pancake Pan over medium heat.
5. Squeeze small, equal-sized drops of the batter into the pan, leaving space for each to spread slightly. Immediately pipe a button-sized drop of chocolate spread onto the flapjacks.
6. Allow to partially set before covering with more flapjack batter. Cook for another minute before flipping over with a spatula and cook the other side until golden.
7. Skewer the flapjacks with some strawberries for a sweet snack, or store in a lunchbox as a treat and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍