Serves 4 Hands-on time: 10 minutes Hands-off time: 1 hours INGREDIENTS 8 medium potatoes 3 tbsp white onion soup powder 1½ cups Nola Original Mayonnaise 2 cups grated cheddar cheese 1½ cups cooked crispy bacon bits Serving suggestion: Chopped chives Fresh garden salad METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Wash the potatoes and pat them dry. Using a sharp knife, make slits across the length of each potato, being sure not to cut all the way through, about 0.2-0.3cm apart. *Chef’s Tip: Place a chopstick (or the ends of 2 wooden spoons) on either side of the potato to ensure that you don’t cut all the way through!
3. Arrange the potatoes neatly and tightly into a round baking dish and set aside.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the white onion soup powder with ¼ cup hot water and stir to mix until lump-free. Add in the Nola Original Mayonnaise and whisk well.
5. Add in 1½ cups of the grated cheese and the bacon bits and stir until evenly dispersed.
6. Pour the creamy mayo sauce evenly over the potatoes and cover the dish with foil. Place the dish in the oven for 45-50 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Covering the dish will help the potatoes cook more evenly and faster!
7. Remove the dish from the oven and take off the foil. Scatter over the remaining cheese and place the dish back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
8. Allow the potato bake to cool for 5 minutes. Scatter over chopped chives, serve alongside a garden salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍