Serves 8 Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 40 minutes
8 large SPAR Freshline Potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup cream
1 sprig SPAR Freshline Rosemary
2 cups (185g) cheddar cheese, grated
330g SPAR Freshline Cheese & Onion Bread
½ tsp salt and pepper, to season
Serving suggestion: Roast chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Layer the sliced potatoes in a large ovenproof dish. Sprinkle ½ cup of the cheese in between the layered potatoes.
2. Combine the cream, SPAR Freshline Rosemary, 1 cup of grated cheese, and the salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to mix.
3. Pour the cream mixture evenly over the sliced potatoes. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour *Chef’s tip: you can add diced cooked bacon or sliced cooked mushrooms for added flavour.
4. When the potatoes have softened, carefully remove the foil from the dish. Tear off slices from the SPAR Freshline Cheese & Onion Bread and arrange them onto the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the garlic bread layer and bake uncovered for a further 20 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
6. Once baked, leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving with roast chicken and a side salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍