Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
For the carrot cake:
⅔ cup golden syrup
¼ cup oil
½ cup vanilla yoghurt
⅓ cup milk
2 large eggs
6 (450g) grated carrots
2 tsp orange zest (optional)
2 cups (170g) self-raising flour
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
1½ cup Kellogg’s® Crunchy Granola
For the topping:
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
¾ cup vanilla yoghurt
⅓ cup Kellogg’s® Crunchy Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a square baking dish with baking paper. *Chef’s Tip: Snip a line into the corners of the baking paper for even cake edges.
2. Add the golden syrup, oil, yoghurt, milk, eggs, grated carrots and orange zest to a large mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
3. Sieve in the flour, ground nutmeg and ginger and fold it through the wet mixture along with the Kellogg’s® Crunchy Granola until just combined.
4. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 45-50 minutes.*Chef’s Tip: Poke the centre of the cake with a skewer and if it comes out clean it’s ready!
5. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely for about 1 hour.
6. In the meantime, prepare the icing by whisking the cream cheese and yoghurt in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
7. Once the carrot cake has cooled, generously spread the cream cheese icing over the cake using a spatula and sprinkle granola over to garnish.
8. Slice the carrot cake into squares, serve with tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍