100ml Bombay Sapphire
½ cup coconut flakes, toasted
1 stick lemongrass, cut into 3 pieces 6 tbsp tinned peach syrup, strained
2 tbsp Martini Dry Vermouth
Peel of 2 oranges
Desiccated coconut, toasted
1. Half-fill 2 tumbler glasses with water and place in a muffin tray at an angle. Drop a few edible flowers into the water and place in the freezer for 6 hours, or overnight until frozen.
2. Toast the coconut flakes in a pan over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden brown.
3. Place in a jug and pour over the Bombay Sapphire Gin. Allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
4. Combine the lemongrass and 2 tablespoons of the tinned peach syrup in a shaker and muddle.
5. Strain the infused gin into the shaker and pour in the vermouth. Add the orange peel and shake to infuse.
6. Remove the glasses from the freezer and dip the rim in the remaining peach syrup, followed by toasted desiccated coconut to garnish.
7. Pour the cocktail through a strainer into both tumblers.
8. Top with tonic water, garnish with a fanned orange peel and ENJOY!
*Please note that a fake frangipane (Plumeria) flower was used as a garnish in this video. We do not recommend using a real frangipani flower as it oozes a poisonous, milky sap that is toxic to humans and animals.
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍