Serves 2 Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
2 packs (30g each) SPAR Freshline Basil
⅓ cup SPAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 SPAR Freshline Lemon
3 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
2 cloves SPAR Freshline Garlic
1½ tsp salt, to season
½ tsp pepper, to season
2 slices white sandwich bread
2 SPAR Freshline Eggs
Bacon bits, cooked
1. Add the SPAR Freshline Basil, the SPAR Freshline Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the juice of the SPAR Freshline Lemon into the jug of the NutriBullet Blender Combo. Add the SPAR Freshline Garlic cloves and toasted sunflower seeds and pulse for 20 seconds or until smooth. Add ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper to season. *Chef’s Tip: Leftover pesto can be refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
2. Spread 2 tbsp of pesto onto the bread. Using a cookie cutter, cut a hole into the centre of the bread. Keep the circular bread cut-outs for later.
3. Place the bread slices in a medium non-stick frying pan. Crack an egg into the bread hole and cook for about 6 -8 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
4. Toast the circular bread cut-outs in a non-stick pan until crispy.
5. Serve hot with an extra spoonful of pesto and bacon bits. Use the bread cut-outs to dip into the soft egg yolk and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍