Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
🥞 1 cup low-fat yoghurt
🥞 2 large eggs
🥞 ⅓ cup NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate
🥞 1 cup self raising flour
🥞 ½ cup chocolate chips or fresh berries
1. Add the yoghurt, eggs, NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate and self-raising flour to a bowl. Use an electric beater to beat until a smooth batter forms.*Chef’s Tip: The batter can also be made in the blender.
2. Pour the flapjack batter into 2 ice trays. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and berries onto the tops of each ice tray hole. Push them down to ensure they don’t burn when cooked. Freeze the trays overnight or until needed. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, the flapjack batter can be cooked immediately.
3. Heat a non-stick pan with a lid on low heat. Place 3 frozen flapjack cubes into the pan. Add 1 teaspoon of water, cover with the lid and cook for 1½ minutes or until most of the cube has melted. *Chef’s tip: Adding water creates steam, cooking the flapjacks faster!
4. When the flapjack cube has melted, remove the lid and flip the flapjacks. Cook for another 1½ minutes. *Chef’s tip: Flip the flapjacks when bubbles start to form.
5. Garnish the flapjack with a dusting of icing sugar fresh berries, serve while hot, and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: The perfect prep-ahead breakfast!