Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
2 cups (226g) self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup milk
½ cup oil
2 large eggs
1½ packets (150g) Beacon Jelly Tots Original, plus extra to decorate
12 flat-bottom ice cream cones
Serving suggestion: ½ cup (113g) butter, softened
2 cups (242g) icing sugar
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
For the cupcakes:
2. Line a 20x30cm baking dish with baking paper. Cover it with foil and using a small serrated knife, gently score 12 ‘x’ marks in the foil. Space them at least 5cm apart.
3. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, vanilla essence, milk, oil and eggs. Beat with a hand mixer for 1 minute until well combined.
4. Dust the Beacon Jelly Tots Original in 1 tablespoon of self-raising flour and toss to combine *Chef’s Tip: Tossing the Jelly Tots in flour prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the batter during baking! Gently fold the Jelly Tots into the cupcake batter.
5. Set the ice cream cones in the x marks in the foil and divide the batter between the cones. Bake for 20-25 minutes on the bottom shelf of the oven.*Chef’s Tip: A toothpick that comes out clean when inserted into a
cupcake means it is done!
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool for 20 minutes before icing.
For the icing:
7. Beat the softened butter and icing sugar together with a hand mixer for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. *Chef’s Tip: Add 1-2 tablespoon of milk if the icing feels too thick!
8. Cut the corner of a large resealable plastic bag and push a round piping nozzle through the hole. Spoon the icing into the bag and decorate the cupcakes with the icing.
9. Decorate the cupcakes with the remaining Jelly Tots and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍