Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 4 hours
1 tin (380g) NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk
2½ cups low fat milk, plus extra for serving
¾ cup (80g) NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Original
1 tbsp icing sugar
Serving suggestion: Mint leaves
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Combine ½ tin (190g) NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk and the low fat milk in a heatproof jug. Heat in the microwave, on high, for 2 minutes until warm.
2. Whisk in the NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Original powder and pour the mixture into ice trays. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate the remaining NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk until needed.
3. Once the hot chocolate mixture has frozen, place the chocolate ice cubes in a durable resealable bag.
4. Using a wooden rolling pin, crush the ice cubes inside the bag until a slushy texture has formed. *Chef’s Tip: Use a blender, if preferred.
5. Combine the cold NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk and icing sugar. Using an electric beater, beat the mixture for about 1 minute until light and airy.
6. Spoon the chocolate slushy mixture into glasses. Stir in more milk or cold water, if preferred. Add a dollop of the whipped NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk on top. Garnish with fresh mint and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍