Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
1 packet (125g) vanilla sandwich cookies
2 tsp powdered gelatine
1 cup (140g) NESTLÉ Cremora Original
½ tin (192.5g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup lemon juice
½ tin (205g) peaches in syrup, drained
Serving suggestion: Mint
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Line a 20cmx20cm baking tray with baking paper and add a light layer of non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add the sandwich cookies into a plastic resealable bag and lightly bash into fine crumbs using a rolling pin. Add the crushed cookies to a bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. *Chef’s Tip: Add 1 tablespoons of water to the biscuit crumb, if necessary!
3. Gently press the crushed cookies into the base of the prepared baking tin and refrigerate while making the filling.
4. Combine the gelatine powder with 2 tablespoons of water in a small shallow bowl, stir and set aside to firm up, about 5 minutes.
5. For the filling, add the NESTLÉ Cremora Original and 4 tablespoons of cold water to a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer for 8 minutes until stiff and doubled in volume. Add the NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk and lemon juice and whisk for a further 2 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Cremora adds additional creaminess to the tart!
6. Microwave the firm gelatine for 5-10 seconds until just melted. Add the melted gelatine to the rest of the cream filling and whisk until smooth. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure not to overheat the gelatine as then it will lose its setting capabilities.
7. Pour the filling onto the prepared cookie crumb base and smooth the mixture out with a spatula.
8. Add the tinned peaches to a bowl and carefully mash with the back of a fork into a smooth puree. Drizzle the pureed peaches over the cream filling. Carefully use a toothpick to run through the filling creating a marbled effect over the tart. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, use a skewer or teaspoon handle to run through the filling!
9. Refrigerate the tart for 5 hours or overnight for best results.
10. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut the tart evenly. Garnish each piece with a mint leaf, serve immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍