Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 35-40 minutes
½ cup (113g) butter
¾ cup (135g) light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 (215g) large bananas, peeled
½ cup milk
1¼ cups White Star Instant Maize Porridge Banana Flavour
¾ cup (92g) cake flour
1 tsp (5g) bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup (70g) sugar-free peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a loaf tin with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and airy.
3. Add the milk and eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
4. Add the bananas to the bowl, mash with a fork and stir to mix. *Chef’s Tip: The peeled bananas weigh about 215g.
5. Sieve in the White Star Instant Maize Porridge Banana Flavour, cake flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and fold until just combined.
6. Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf tin and smooth out the surface with the back of a spoon.
7. Melt the peanut butter in a small heatproof bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds, then stir. Pour the peanut butter evenly over the banana bread batter and use a skewer to swirl it through.
8. Bake the banana bread for about 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the loaf tin before transferring to a cooling rack to cool for a further 30 minutes.
9. Slice, serve with butter and tea and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍