Serves 4 per variant Hands-on time: 10 minutes Hands-off time: 30 minutes
3 cups (300g) Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Elicoidali Ridged Macaroni
For the barbeque chicken pizza-pasta: 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken 1 cup BBQ sauce ¼ cup store-bought cheese sauce ½ tsp paprika ½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season 1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese 1 small red onion, sliced
For the meat lovers pizza-pasta: ¾ tin (300g) tomato and onion mix 500g cooked mince 2 cloves garlic, crushed ½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season 1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese 1 packet (100g) sliced salami
Serving suggestion: Fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add in the Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Elicoidali Ridged Macaroni. Boil rapidly for 9-10 minutes. Drain then dish the pasta into a medium-sized baking dish.
3. For the barbeque chicken pizza-pasta: Add the shredded chicken, barbeque sauce, cheese sauce, paprika, salt and pepper and 1 cup of cheese over the pasta and mix through to combine. Scatter over the remaining cheese in an even layer and top the pasta with the sliced red onion.
4. For the meat lovers pizza-pasta: Add the tomato and onion mix, cooked mince, garlic, salt and pepper and 1 cup of cheese to the pasta and mix well to combine. Scatter over the remaining cheese in an even layer. Top the pasta with the salami slices to create a pizza-like effect.
5. Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top the pizza-pasta with a generous amount of freshly chopped chives. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍