Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
⅔ cup (151g) melted butter
1⅓ cups (240g) Selati Golden Brown Sugar
2 large eggs
½ cup (62g) cake flour
¾ cup (75g) cocoa powder
1 packet (125g) vanilla sandwich cookies
12 white marshmallows
Serving suggestion: Tea
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare the muffin tin with muffin liners and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
2. Place the melted butter in a large mixing bowl and whisk in the Selati Golden Brown Sugar until combined.
3. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and fold through to create a thick batter. Set aside until needed.
5. Place the vanilla sandwich cookies into a plastic bag and crush into fine crumbs using a rolling pin to bash lightly. Empty the crushed cookies into a bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds, then stir.
6. Layer the crushed cookies at the bottom of the muffin liners in the muffin tray. Using a tablespoon, add the brownie batter for the second layer in the muffin liners and press the brownie batter down for an even layer.
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, before removing the tray from the oven. Change the oven setting to grill and place a white marshmallow on top of each brownie-muffin. Move the oven rack to the highest level before transferring the muffin tray back into the oven. Allow the marshmallow to toast for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows are golden and toasty.
8. Remove the brownie-muffins and cool for 15 minutes.
9. Serve alongside tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍