3 tbsp loose leaf African rooibos tea
5 crushed Cardamom pods
½ tsp Allspice
1 cinnamon stick
5 whole cloves
Thumb size piece of ginger cut into rounds
1 star anise
2 cups boiling water
¼ cup cream
½ cup Amarula
1 tsp African Fynbos honey
¼ tsp cinnamon for garnish
Star anise for garnish
1. Place all the spices and tea leaves in the tea strainer.
2. Fill the tea pot with boiling water and place the strainer inside.
3. Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
4. Pour the steeped tea into a small saucepan and discard the spices
5. Pour the cream into the spiced rooibos tea and add the Amarula
6. Bring mixture to an almost boil and then remove from heat, stirring regularly.
7. Pour the latte into a transparent heat-resistant glass and top with frothed milk, a dusting of cinnamon and star anise.
8. Top with a generous drizzle of honey (using a honey spoon) and serve. ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍