Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 3 hours
12 chicken thighs, with bone
½ cup (170g) TABASCO® Sriracha Sauce
½ cup (170g) honey
⅓ cup soya sauce
3 tbsp lemon juice
1½ cups rice
3 cups chicken stock
2 cups (280g) butternut, diced 3cm
12 baby potatoes
2 red onions, quartered
Serving suggestion: Chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large rectangular roasting tray (32cm x 24cm) with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large resealable bag, add the chicken thighs, TABASCO® Sriracha Sauce, honey, soya sauce and lemon juice. Seal the bag and shake until the chicken thighs are coated in the marinade. Set aside to marinate in the fridge for 3 hours.
3. Pour the rice into the baking tray along with the stock and stir to combine.
4. Add the butternut, baby potatoes and red onion to the rice.
5. Remove the chicken pieces from the bag and place them skin-side up amongst the rice and vegetables. Cover the baking dish with foil. *Chef’s Tip: Covering with foil ensures the rice cooks through perfectly!
6. Roast the spicy chicken and rice for 45 minutes. Remove the foil.*Chef’s Tip: Stirring the rice with a fork makes it nice and fluffy!
7. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes, without foil, until browned.
8. Serve from the tray garnished with chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍