Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour
12 slices SASKO Premium Slices White Bread
2 large eggs
2 tubs (500g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (121g) icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
2 cups (250g) fresh strawberries, chopped
1. Prepare your workspace by laying plastic wrap on the surface of the kitchen counter, about 40 x 30 cm. Arrange the SASKO Premium Slices White Bread on the plastic wrap to form a rectangle of 4 slices by 3 slices.
2. Beat the eggs and brush onto the interior edges of the bread slices. Overlap the edges of the bread slices and press down using your fingers in order to stick together.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric beater until smooth and fluffy.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture generously over the bread slices and top with the strawberries.
5. Gently lift the edge of the plastic wrap and tightly roll up the bread with the filling to create a log. Freeze the roll-up for 1 hour to ensure it will hold its shape.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C on grill.
7. Unwrap the cheesecake roll-up and place in the prepared baking tray. Brush the remaining egg mixture all over the exterior of the roll. Grill for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Serve on a dessert platter, dust with icing sugar, slice and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍