Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 60 minutes
1 box (650g) chocolate cake mix
3 extra large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 packets (200g each) Bakers Tennis Classic Coconut Biscuits, plus more for garnish
2 packets (150g each) Beacon mmmMallows Pink and White Marshmallows
Store-bought caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven 180°C and line a rectangle 36x22cm baking dish with baking paper.
2. Add the chocolate cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and 1 cup of hot water into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until a smooth cake batter forms before setting this aside. *Chef’s tip: Chocolate chips or shavings can be added to the cake batter.
3. Line the base of the baking dish with the Bakers Tennis Classic Coconut Biscuits. You may need to cut a few biscuits to fit the dish. *Chef’s Tip: Save any cut biscuits for serving.
4. Pour the prepared chocolate cake batter over the biscuit base. Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is baked through.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and arrange another layer of biscuits, followed by the Beacon mmmMallows Pink and White Marshmallows over the top of the cake. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the marshmallows have expanded and turned golden.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-8 minutes. When ready to serve, crumble the extra biscuits over the gooey marshmallows and generously drizzle with caramel sauce, serve and ENJOY!