Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
1 packet (200g) lemon sandwich biscuits
2 packets (80g each) flavoured jelly powder of choice
½ cup NESTLÉ Original Cremora
1. Add the lemon-flavoured biscuits to a resealable sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into a fine crumble.
2. Lightly grease a 25cm square microwave-safe baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Sprinkle in the crushed biscuits and microwave for 10-20 seconds or until the lemon filling melts slightly. Mix to combine, then use the back of the spoon to flatten, covering the base of the dish. Refrigerate until needed. *Chef’s Tip: Add up to 1 tablespoon of water to the crushed biscuits if the mixture is too dry and not holding together.
4. Add 2 cups of boiling water, the flavoured jelly powder of your choice and the NESTLÉ Cremora Original to a large mixing bowl. Mix until dissolved. Add 2 cups of cold water, stirring, to cool the mixture down. Avoid whisking the mixture too vigorously, or bubbles will form.*Chef’s Tip: The Cremora gives the tart a creamy taste and texture!
5. Gently pour the mixture over the back of the spoon over the biscuit base to soften the stream. Refrigerate until set for 6-8 hours or overnight for the best result.
6. When set, use a warm serrated knife to slice the tart into squares. *Chef’s Tip: To heat the knife, dip it into a glass of hot water for 3-4 seconds.
7. Serve a square on a side plate. Garnish with mint and fresh fruit, and ENJOY!