Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour
1 cup NESTLÉ Cremora Original
⅓ tin (128g) NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk, chilled
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp NESCAFÉ Ricoffy granules
1⅓ cups (116g) cake flour, sieved
⅓ cup NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder, sieved
2½ tsp baking powder
3 large eggs
1 cup (220g) light brown sugar
½ cup (115g) margarine, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 160º on fan-assist and lightly grease a 20x30cm baking dish.
For the Cremora glaze:
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ⅔rds of a cup of NESTLÉ Cremora Original with 3 tablespoons of water. Whisk with an electric beater until the Cremora has dissolved and is smooth.
3. Add the NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk and whisk for 2-3 minutes. While whisking, slowly stream in the lemon juice until a thick cream has formed and the mixture has doubled in size. Cover the cream with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. *Chef’s Tip: Cremora adds extra creaminess!
For the cake base:
4. In a clean mixing bowl, add the remaining ⅓rd cup of Cremora, NESCAFÉ Ricoffy granules, cake flour, NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder, baking powder, eggs, brown sugar, margarine and ¼ cup of water. Using an electric beater, whisk the ingredients together until a smooth batter has formed.
5. Transfer the cake batter to the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until cooked through. *Chef’s Tip: If a skewer comes out clean, the cake is cooked through!
6. Allow the cake to cool completely in the baking dish.
7. Add the prepared Cremora glaze topping to the cake once cooled. Generously spread the cream evenly over the cake.
8. Garnish the cake by grating dark chocolate over the cream. Slice into squares, serve and ENJOY!