Serves 500ml per flavour Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
For the nice cream base:
3 SPAR Freshline bananas, ripe
½ cup milk
For the granadilla flavour:
3 (⅓ cup pulp) SPAR Freshline granadillas, plus extra for the garnish
For the strawberry flavour:
½ punnet (250g) SPAR Freshline strawberries, sliced, plus extra for the garnish
For the chocolate flavour:
1 slab (150g) milk chocolate, blocks, plus extra for the garnish
1. Peel, slice and place the SPAR Freshline bananas into a resealable bag. Freeze until solid.
2. Add the frozen bananas to the Nutribullet 600W High Speed Blender along with the milk. *Chef’s Tip: For a dairy-free alternative, use coconut milk instead!
3. Add your desired flavour (pulp of SPAR Freshline Granadillas, SPAR Freshline Strawberries or chocolate blocks) to the blender and blend until thick and creamy.
4. Pour the flavoured nice cream into a small loaf tin. Tightly cover the loaf tin with plastic wrap and place into the freezer until frozen.*Chef’s Tip: The Nutribullet 600W High Speed Blender is self-cleaning. Add a drop of soap and ⅓ cup of warm water into the used cup. Cover with the blade and blend on the power base for 30 seconds. Rinse under clean water and dry.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop a generous ball of nice cream onto the cone.*Chef’s Tip: Dip the ice cream scoop into hot water to scoop the nice cream easily.
6. Garnish the nice cream cones with your chosen flavour. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍