1 cup self-raising flour
5 small eggs
1¼ cups milk ½ cup (150g) Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread, plus extra for the garnish
5 large bananas, peeled and sliced, plus extra for the garnish
Serving suggestion: Icing sugar
1. Sieve the flour into a medium bowl. Add in the eggs and milk and whisk until the batter is smooth and lump-free. *Chef’s Tip: Add another tablespoon or 2 of milk if the batter is too thick.
2. Heat a large greased pan over medium-low heat. Using a soup ladle, pour the batter into the heated pan and roll the pan until the batter is evenly spread on the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until there are golden specks on the pancake. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Place the pancakes on a large plate, cover and set aside. *Chef’s Tip: The pancakes can be made a day in advance.
3. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread onto the pancake and use an offset spatula to evenly distribute it over the pancake.
4. Layer the sliced banana over the Nutella spread and cover with another pancake. Repeat the layering process until 10 pancakes have been used, with the last pancake making up the top layer of the cake. *Chef’s Tip: Keep any remaining pancakes to snack on the next day!
5. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour to allow it to set.
6. Garnish the cake with the extra banana slices, top with a dusting of icing sugar and finish off with a drizzle of Nutella. Serve a slice of the cake with a cup of tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍