Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1 tsp oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 carrots, cubed
500g beef mince
2 tins (410g each) chopped tomatoes
6 baby potatoes, quartered
1 cup frozen peas
2 tbsp TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
Parsley, finely chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened, stirring in between. Add the garlic, red chilli and carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Add more chilli for a spicier stew.
3. Add the beef mince and stirring well, cook for 6-8 minutes or until nicely browned, making sure to break up any lumps.
4. Add the 2 tins of tomatoes, ½ a cup of water and the potatoes and stir well. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and liquid has reduced.
5. Add in the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir through your TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Serve warm over rice, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and ENJOY!