Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
6 thick hake medallions, thawed
1 tsp fish spice
1 cup cream
1 sachet (50g) tomato paste
3 tbsp TABASCO® Sauce OR TABASCO® Jalapeño Sauce
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cups baby spinach, sliced
½ tsp salt and pepper, optional
Coriander, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Lay the hake medallions onto a plate, pat them dry with a paper towel and season with fish spice.
3. Add the cream, tomato paste, ⅓ cup hot water, TABASCO® Sauce OR TABASCO® Jalapeño Sauce, chopped onions, spinach and salt and pepper, if using, to the dish. Mix to incorporate. *Chef’s Tip: Any quick-cooking vegetables can be used here.
4. Nestle the seasoned fish into the tomato sauce and bake for 20-25 minutes until perfectly cooked.*Chef’s Tip: Check the fish halfway through to ensure it does not overcook.
5. Remove the bake from the oven and garnish with the chopped coriander.
6. Serve the fish medallions and sauce on steamed rice, garnish with a lemon wedge, and ENJOY!