Makes 24 Hand-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
2½ rolls (900g) store-bought shortcrust pastry
4 slabs (150g each) Cadbury Dairy Milk Salted Caramel
2 cups (500ml) cream
4 XL egg yolks
Fresh strawberries, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 2x12-hole muffin trays with non-stick spray.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to ½cm thickness and cut 12 circles, +/- 9cm each, with a small cookie cutter or drinking glass. Gently press the circles into the muffin tray holes to create cups and prick the base of each pastry cup with a fork. Top each pastry with a square of baking paper, fill with rice or baking beans.
3. Blind bake the pastry cups for 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden but not too dark. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray. Reduce the oven temperature to 160˚C.
4. Use a vegetable peeler to carefully shave off ¼ of one Cadbury Dairy Milk Salted Caramel slab and set aside in a bowl. Roughly chop the remaining chocolate into smaller, chocolate-chip sized pieces. *Chef’s Tip: Refrigerate the chocolate to allow for easier shaving. Store the shavings in the fridge to prevent them from melting!
5. Pour the cream into a large heatproof bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until just scalded, and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted and glossy.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks in one at a time until combined and smooth. *Chef’s Tip: Freeze the egg whites for meringue.
7. Divide the chocolate mixture into the pre-baked pastry cups, filling each to the top.
8. Bake the filled tartlets for 10-15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack, 1 hour, before transferring to a serving platter.
9. Garnish each tartlet with a fresh dollop of whipped cream, top with fresh strawberry and sprinkle over the prepared shaved chocolate. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍