5 cups (700g) cherry tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, halved
½ cup olive oil
3 rounds (200g) feta cheese
400g Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Elicoidali Ridged Macaroni
¼ tsp each salt & pepper (optional)
Serving suggestion: Fresh basil
Dried chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic and olive oil to a large baking dish. Toss the ingredients together to coat evenly.
3. Arrange the feta rounds in the centre of the dish, spaced in between the tomatoes. Spoon some of the olive oil over the feta.
4. Roast the feta and tomatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the garlic is soft and the tomatoes have burst open. *Chef’s Tip: If you are not a fan of tomatoes, swap out for butternut and roast for an extra 10 minutes!
5. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Elicoidali Ridged Macaroni until al dente, about 8-10 minutes and drain. *Chef’s Tip: Cook the pasta 10 minutes before the tomatoes are done so that both are ready at the same time!
6. Spoon a quarter of the blistered cherry tomatoes out into a small bowl and set aside. Use a wooden spoon to mash the feta and remaining cherry tomatoes until it forms a creamy sauce.
7. Sprinkle the cooked pasta into the creamy tomato sauce and stir through to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if preferred.
8. Divide the cheesy pasta between 4 pasta bowls and add the remaining blistered cherry tomatoes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and chilli flakes. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍