Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30-35 minutes
½ packet (250g) Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Farfalle
3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
½ cup (113g) butter, softened
3 tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra for the garnish
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½-1 tsp each salt and pepper, to season
4 (500g) chicken breasts
1 cup (250ml) cream
½ pack (100g) baby spinach
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Serving suggestion: Fresh salad
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Scatter the Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Farfalle into a large baking dish (32x24cm).
3. Pour the chicken stock over the pasta bows, ensuring that the pasta is covered by the stock.
4. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter with the chopped parsley, garlic and the salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. *Chef’s Tip: You can also use chives if you don’t have parsley!
5. Place the chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to make a small incision into the side of each breast ensuring not to cut the breasts all the way through.
6. Fill each chicken breast pocket with 1 tablespoon of the herbed butter and rub the remaining butter over the chicken breasts to coat them.
7. Arrange the coated chicken breasts over the pasta in the dish.
8. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the dish from the oven and take off the foil. Pour the cream over the pasta and add the spinach. Using a spoon, stir to combine. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the baking, covering the chicken breasts and place the dish back in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes or until the pasta has softened and the chicken has cooked through.
10. Garnish the creamy chicken pasta with more parsley, serve with a fresh salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍