Makes: 15 squares
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
2½ cups Kellogg's® Tropical Burst Granola
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt, optional
Serving suggestion: Coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a square (20cmx20cm) baking dish with enough baking paper to hang over its edges.
2. Using a spatula, combine the Kellogg's® Tropical Burst Granola, smooth peanut butter, honey, vanilla essence, cinnamon and salt, if using, together in a mixing bowl. *Chef’s Tip: To soften thick honey, let it stand in a bowl of hot water before using.
3. Press the mixture into the baking dish, pressing it in firmly to form an even layer.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm. Allow to cool in the baking dish for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the crunchies, with the baking paper, from the baking dish. Using a serrated knife, cut into 15 squares and transfer to a cooling rack.
6. Once cooled, serve the crunchies with freshly brewed coffee and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: The crunchies can be stored for up to 10 days in an airtight cookie jar.
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍