Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 40 minutes
1½ cups Beacon mmmMallows Pink & White Mallows, plus 12 for garnish
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 XL egg
1 cup (250ml) store-bought vanilla cupcake mix
200g store-bought vanilla frosting
½ cup small, coloured sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 12-holed muffin tray with muffin liners.
2. Add ½ cup of Beacon mmmMallows Pink & White Mallows to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 15-20 seconds or until they start to melt and form a sticky consistency. *Chef’s Tip: Do not overheat the mallows, or they will burn and harden.
3. Add the vegetable oil and egg to the melted mallows and whisk vigorously until smooth.
4. Add the vanilla cake mix and ½ cup of warm water and whisk until a smooth cupcake batter forms.
5. Neatly pour the cupcake batter into the prepared liners, filling ¾ to the rim, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until risen and lightly golden brown on top. Once baked, remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool.
6. Melt the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows in a separate medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
7. Add the store-bought frosting to the melted mallows and mix vigorously until smooth.
8. Spoon the frosting onto the top of each cupcake. Use a butter knife to spread the frosting into a neat layer.*Chef’s Tip: The frosting firms up slightly as it sits.
9. To garnish, cut the remaining marshmallows in half at an angle. Sprinkle the sprinkles into a dipping bowl and dip the sticky side of the mallows into the sprinkles. Stick 2 half marshmallows, sprinkle-side up, onto each cupcake to resemble bunny ears. Serve and ENJOY!