Makes 12 Hands-on time: 40 minutes Hands-off time: 25 minutes INGREDIENTS 2½ cups self-raising flour 1 tub (1.8L) Ola Rich ‘n Creamy Neapolitan, softened slightly 1 cup butter, softened 4 cups icing sugar ½ tsp pink food colouring Serving suggestion: Coloured sprinkles Strawberries, halved METHOD 1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. Sieve 1¼ cups of flour each into two medium-sized bowls.
3. Carefully scoop all of the vanilla ice cream from the Ola Rich ‘n Creamy Neapolitan tub into one bowl of flour. Mix until just combined into a smooth batter, taking care not to overmix. Repeat with the chocolate ice cream.
4. Divide the chocolate batter evenly between the cupcake liners. Then carefully and evenly divide the vanilla batter over the chocolate batter.
5. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the muffin tray for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. To make a strawberry buttercream icing, place the butter in a large bowl. Sieve in the icing sugar and using a hand mixer, beat until fluffy, soft and light in colour.
7. Scoop ¼ cup of the strawberry ice cream into the buttercream mixture and add in the pink food colouring. Fold gently to combine.
8. Attach a star nozzle to a piping bag and spoon the icing into the bag until it is ¾ way full. Pipe the strawberry icing over the top of the cooled cupcakes. *Chef’s Tip: Store these in the fridge until ready to serve and note that they are best eaten on the same day!
9. Place the Neapolitan cupcakes on a large plate, garnish with sprinkles and strawberries, serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍