Makes 28 Hands-on time: 30 minutes Hands-off time: 3 hours
INGREDIENTS For the meringues: 3 large egg whites, at room temperature ¼ tsp cream of tartar ¾ cup castor sugar 4 tbsp NESTLÉ Nesquik Strawberry Flavoured Drink 1 drop pink food colouring
For the strawberry ganache filling: ¼ cup cream ½ cup chopped white chocolate 2 tbsp NESTLÉ Nesquik Strawberry Flavoured Drink
METHOD For the meringues: 1. Preheat the oven to 90°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Carefully crack the 3 eggs into a clean bowl, ensuring they don’t break. Use a plastic bottle to suck up the egg yolks and add to another bowl. *Chefs Tip: Store the egg yolks in the fridge for up to 3 days to make rich scrambled eggs or custard!
3. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until frothy. Add in the cream of tartar. *Chefs Tip: This helps stabilise your meringue.
4. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until the egg whites are shiny, the sugar is properly incorporated and the mixture makes stiff peaks.
5. Add in the NESTLÉ Nesquik Strawberry Flavoured Drink and the food colouring and beat on low-speed until incorporated.
6. Carefully spoon the meringue mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium round nozzle.
7. Place a macaron template underneath the baking paper and pipe 56 small meringue discs.
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour before switching the oven off and allowing the meringue discs to dry out for a further 2 hours.
For the strawberry ganache filling: 9. Make the strawberry ganache by warming the cream in the microwave until just before boiling, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped white chocolate until melted and smooth. Add in the NESTLÉ Nesquik Strawberry Flavoured Drink and place the ganache in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool and thicken slightly.
10. Remove the ganache from the fridge, stir to soften if necessary. Using a teaspoon, spoon a small amount of ganache onto the bottom of a meringue disc and sandwich with another meringue disc. Repeat with remaining meringues and ganache filling until you have 28 ‘macarons’.
11. Stack the meringues on a plate, serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍