Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
1 pack (500g) SPAR Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp chicken spice
1 packet (400g) SPAR Freshline Vegetable Mix
2 SPAR Chicken Flavoured Stock Cubes
1 cup uncooked rice
½ tsp pepper, optional
1. On a clean cutting board, cut the SPAR Chicken Breasts into strips.
2. Add the sliced chicken to a medium-sized oiled pot over medium heat and season with the chicken spice while sautéing until golden brown, yet not cooked through. Remove from the pot and set aside. *Chef’s Tip: Any other aromatic seasoning can be added here.
3. Add the SPAR Freshline Vegetable Mix to a medium bowl. Pick out and add the slow-cooking vegetables, carrots, to the pot and sauté, about 5 minutes. Set the quick-cooking vegetables aside until later. *Chef’s Tip: Slice the vegetables into smaller pieces to ensure it cooks faster.
4. Dissolve the SPAR Chicken Flavoured Stock Cubes in 3 cups of boiling water.
5. Pour the uncooked rice and dissolved stock into the pot and stir to combine. Ensure the rice is completely covered in liquid before covering with a lid.
6. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is par-cooked. Remove the lid and stir the rice before adding the remaining quick-cooking vegetables, par-cooked chicken and black pepper. Cover and cook for a further 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are just tender.
7. Remove the pot from the heat and stir until well combined. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped chives, and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Any leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.