1 cup apple cider
2 tbsp Rose’s lemon cordial
4 tsp honey
2 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
2 shots of brandy
Lemon slices, to garnish (optional)
Apple slices to garnish (optional)
Cinnamon stick, to garnish (optional)
Star anise, to garnish (optional)
1. Combine the apple cider, lemon cordial, honey, a cinnamon stick & a star aniseed in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, then reduce heat and simmer for about five minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and allow spices too steep for 15 minutes (longer, if you prefer intense flavour).
4. Strain & heat up once more in the pan so that it is very hot.
5. Slice a lemon and grill the slices on a hot griddle pan until charred.
6. Drizzle a little bit of honey into the bottom of each glass.
7. Pour the cider into two glasses. Add a shot of brandy to each drink & stir using a cinnamon stick.
8. Serve each drink topped with a grilled lemon slice, a cinnamon stick (this was used to stir) & a star anise. ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍