Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour 45 minutes
1 packet (200g) SPAR Brand Coconut Tea Biscuits
½ cup (113g) butter, melted
1 tin (370g) SPAR Brand Caramel Fantasy
4 (400g) SPAR Freshline Bananas
1 cup cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
⅓ cup (43g) grated milk chocolate
Serving suggestion: Coffee
1. Grease a 20cm round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place the SPAR Brand Coconut Tea Biscuits into a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine crumbs are formed.
3. Combine the crumbs with the melted butter.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press the crumbs evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up. *Chef’s Tip: For an even crust, press the biscuits in with the bottom of a glass!
5. Spoon the SPAR Brand Caramel Fantasy into a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to loosen the mixture. Carefully spread the caramel evenly over the cookie base.
6. Slice the SPAR Freshline Bananas into 1cm thick rounds. *Chef’s Tip: For a festive touch, soak the sliced bananas in some brandy for 15 minutes beforehand!
7. Arrange the banana slices evenly over the caramel layer.
8. Combine the cream and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form.
9. Neatly spoon the sweetened whipped cream over the banana layer and spread out evenly.
10. To finish, sprinkle the grated chocolate over the whipped cream and refrigerate for 1 ½ hours.
11. Slice the banoffee pie into 8 portions, serve with a cup of coffee and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store remaining slices in the fridge for up to 3 days!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍