Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
2 tubs (300g each) SPAR Choco Malt Balls
2 bottles (300ml each) SPAR Long Life Cream
1 tin (385g) SPAR Sweetened Full Cream Condensed Milk
Serving suggestion: SPAR Freshline Strawberries, sliced
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Place the SPAR Choco Malt Balls in a resealable bag and crush into chunky bits using a rolling pin. Set aside while preparing the ice cream mixture *Chef’s Tip: Use the condensed milk tin to do the crushing!
2. Using a hand mixer, beat the SPAR Long Life Cream until soft peaks are formed. *Chef’s Tip: For perfect whipped cream make sure the cream is cold!
3. Fold the SPAR Sweetened Full Cream Condensed Milk in with the whipped cream.
4. Gently fold half of the crushed choco malt balls into the ice cream mixture and reserve the rest.
5. Spoon the ice cream mixture into a round loose-bottom cake tin (20cm) and smooth out the top. *Chef’s Tip: Wrap the outside of the base of tin with foil to prevent any leakage!
6. Freeze for 5 hours or overnight until firm.
7. Remove the ice cream cake from the tin and top with the remaining malt balls. Add the sliced SPAR Freshline Strawberries and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Allow the ice cream cake to thaw for 2 minutes for easy removal from tin!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍