Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 35 minutes
🍜1 large onion, finely chopped
🍜400g lean beef mince
🍜3 packets (68g each) MAGGI® Beef Flavoured 2 Minute Noodles
🍜⅓ cup store-bought BBQ sauce
🍜1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C and lightly grease a rectangular 26x20cm baking dish.
2. Add the onions, mince and 1 seasoning sachet from theMAGGI®Beef Flavoured 2 Minute Noodles packets. Mix until evenly incorporated. *Chef’s Tip: Leftover mince can be used instead.
3. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the mince has browned.
4. Remove the dish from the oven and mix in the BBQ sauce. Split the noodle cakes into half before arranging them into an even layer.
5. Pour 2 cups of hot water over the noodles. Allow the noodles to soak for 5 minutes before baking for another 5-6 minutes until the noodles are al dente and most of the water has evaporated. *Chef’s Tip: Add an extra ½ cup of water for a saucier noodle bake.
6. Remove the bake from the oven and sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.*Chef’s Tip: The perfect bake to feed a crowd!
7. Allow the bake to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish the bake with chopped parsley, gherkins and serve alongside a green salad. Serve and ENJOY!