Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
6 (1 pack) Pick n Pay White Hot Dog Rolls
½ cup (113g) melted butter
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 pack (950g) Pick n Pay Grabouw Boerewors
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a medium-sized baking dish with baking paper.
2. On a clean cutting board, slice the 6 Pick n Pay White Hot Dog Rolls in half. Place the cut rolls onto the baking tray cut-side facing upwards.
3. Use the back of a spoon to push the centre of each roll down slightly, creating a boat to hold all the toppings.
4. Brush the melted butter onto each of the boats. Arrange the thinly sliced onions onto the buttered rolls.*Chef’s Tip: Garlic butter can be used if preferred.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the Pick n Pay Grabouw Boerewors into 7 pieces. Cut each piece into half before removing and discarding the boerewors casing. Evenly divide and spread the meat onto each of the bread boats. *Chef’s Tip: Any type of quick-cooking vegetables can be added here.
6. Bake the boats for 10 minutes or until the boerewors is cooked through and golden brown.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and generously sprinkle over the mozzarella. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
8. Garnish the boats with chopped parsley, serve hot alongside tomato sauce and ENJOY!