Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 35 minutes
¼ cup fresh cream
2 slabs(80g each) Cadbury Dream White Chocolate, plus extra for garnish
2 packets (128g each) Oreo Original Cookies, plus extra for garnish
1½ cups (340g) butter, softened
2 large eggs
½ box (300g) vanilla cake mix
12 store-bought flat base ice cream cones
1 cup (121g) icing sugar
For the frosting:
1. Add the cream to a medium-sized microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 50 seconds until hot. Don’t let the cream boil over. *Chef’s Tip: A 1000-watt microwave was used in testing.
2. Break the 1 Cadbury Dream White Chocolate slab into pieces and add it to the hot cream. Mix until the chocolate has completely melted. Refrigerate until you are ready to make your frosting.
3. Preheat your oven to 180°C, fan-assisted.
4. Place the Oreo Original Cookies into a resealable bag. Use a rolling pin or glass to crush the cookies into a fine crumb. Set this aside until needed. *Chef’s tip: Any flavour of Oreo’s can be used!
For the sponge:
5. Break the remaining slab of white chocolate into a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Add a ½ cup of butter to the chocolate and microwave until melted for about 15-20 seconds. Add the eggs, 1 cup warm water and the cake mix. Use an electric beater to beat until a smooth cake batter forms.
6. Pour ½ of the crushed cookies into the cake batter. Use a spatula to gently fold them in until just incorporated.
7. Arrange the ice cream cones into a 12-hole muffin tray, using foil to keep them in place. Evenly divide and spoon the cake batter into the cones. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes have risen and a skewer poked into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. When baked, set the cones aside to cool completely for 1 hour. *Chef’s tip: Careful not to overfill the cones!
8. Prepare a piping bag with a 14mm star nozzle.
Add the remaining 1 cup of softened butter and icing sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric beater to beat until combined. Add the cooled ganache and beat until smooth. Sprinkle the remaining ½ of the crushed cookies and fold until well combined.
9. Spoon the frosting into the prepared piping bag. Pipe the frosting onto the tops of each cone. Garnish with the extra Oreos, serve and ENJOY!