Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1 large onion
1 large tomato, grated
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp peri-peri chilli spice
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 tubs (500g) chicken livers, thawed
1 tsp chicken spice
¼ cup NESTLÉ Cremora Original
Fresh chopped coriander
1. On a clean cutting board, cut the onions into small cubes. *Chef’s Tip: Any other quick-cooking vegetables can be added.
2. Place a large pan with vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chopped onions, chilli spice and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent. *Chef’s Tip: Chopped fresh chillies can be added here to make it spicier.
4. Add the chicken livers to the pan and season with the chicken spice. Sauté for 5-6 minutes or until the livers have seared on all sides. *Chef’s Tip: Salt and pepper can be added here if preferred!
5. In the meantime, dissolve the NESTLÉ Cremora Original in ½ cup of warm water.
6. Add the grated tomatoes and the dissolved Cremora into the pan and mix through. Allow the chicken liver to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thick creamy sauce has formed. *Chef’s Tip: Cremora creates the creamiest sauce!
7. Garnish the livers with the chopped coriander, serve alongside toasted bread and ENJOY!