Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
1 packet (145g) Doritos Flamin’ Hot Nacho Cheese Flavoured Corn Chips
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
4 fillets (500g) hake, cut in strips
½ cup cake flour
Oven baked chips
Parsley, finely chopped
Dipping sauce, of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃, fan-assist. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively set to 200℃, if not fan-assisted.
2. Open the tip of the Doritos Flamin’ Hot Nacho Cheese Flavoured Corn Chips packet and crush the chips in the packet using a rolling pin. Sprinkle the crushed chips onto a shallow bowl. Stir through the chopped parsley.
3. Place the flour in another bowl with the salt and pepper to season. Crack the eggs in a third bowl and beat until well combined.
4. Dip and fully coat the hake strips in the seasoned flour and thereafter, coat in the beaten egg. *Chef’s Tip: if using frozen hake portions, make sure to defrost ahead of time and pat dry.
5. Generously coat the hake strips in the crushed Doritos chips.
6. Place a cooling rack over a baking tray and arrange the fish fingers onto the cooling rack. Bake for about 15 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Placing the fish fingers on a rack allows them to stay crispy, even underneath!
7. Remove from the oven and serve warm with chips, lemon wedges, parsley and your favourite dipping sauce and ENJOY!