1 cup white sugar
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 sprigs fresh thyme + extra to garnish
4 fresh lavender flowers + extra to garnish
2 tots (50ml) Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin
1. Combine the sugar, 1 cup water, blueberries and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a small pot over a medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar.
2. Place the thyme and lavender in the pot and bring the sugar syrup to a simmer, stirring continuously.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Pour the syrup through a strainer to remove the thyme, lavender and blueberry skins. *Chef’s Tip: Sugar syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
5. Combine the Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a cocktail shaker (or jar) with a handful of ice and shake.
6. Strain the gin and lemon juice mixture over ice in a glass and top with tonic water.
7. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of purple syrup into each cocktail, allowing it to infuse, and garnish with a thin slice of lemon, a sprig of thyme, a lavender flower and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍