Makes: 15 Hands-on time: 10 minutes Hands-off time: 20 minutes INGREDIENTS 15 slices white bread 15 white marshmallows, halved 4 large eggs, beaten ¼ cup (80g) Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread 3 tbsp toasted crushed nuts Oil, for shallow frying METHOD
1. Neatly remove the crusts from the bread slices. Using a rolling pin, roll out each crustless bread slice, creating a square shape. *Chef’s Tip: Freeze the crusts in a zip-seal bag to make croutons or breadcrumbs, when needed!
2. Lightly wet your finger with water and brush over the edges of the bread slices. Place 2 marshmallow halves onto one half of each slice of bread.
3. Bring one half of the bread slice over the other, covering the marshmallow and pinch the sides together to make a seal, forming each one into a rectangle. *Chef’s Tip: Use a fork to seal the edges perfectly!
4. Heat 1cm oil in a pan until a wooden spoon inserted in the oil has bubbles forming around it.
5. Dip the bread pockets into the beaten egg and fry for about 1 minute or until golden and crispy. Place on a plate with paper towel to drain any excess oil. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, bake the pockets for 15 minutes at 180˚C or until golden and crispy.
6. Top each crispy bread pocket with a teaspoon of Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread, spreading with a butter
knife, and garnish with a sprinkle of crushed toasted nuts.
7. Serve alongside tea and ENJOY!
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍