2 cups grated sweet potato
1 tbsp oil
¾ cup chopped mushrooms
¾ cup chopped spinach
¼ cup chopped red pepper
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
¼ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
½ cup NESTLÉ Cremora Original
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray well with grease spray.
2. In a bowl, combine the grated sweet potato with the oil and mix until well coated. Divide the sweet potato mixture evenly between the muffin cups, pressing it up the sides of the cup and on the base, making a crust.
Place the tray in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Pre-baking the sweet potato will give a crispy crust!
3. While the crust is baking, combine the mushrooms, spinach and red pepper in a bowl. Crumble in the feta cheese, cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper. Divide this mixture evenly between the muffin cups, filling them about ¾ way full.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine ¾ cup of hot water with the NESTLÉ Cremora Original and whisk well, ensuring that the mixture is well combined and lump free. Set aside to cool.
5. Once the mixture is cool, add in the eggs and whisk well until smooth. Pour this mixture evenly over the filled muffin cups. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and the quiche is cooked through.
6. Remove the quiche from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Using a small knife, gently loosen them from the tray and pack on a platter. Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce and a green salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍